Two VIP Events
April 21 - 23
July 21 - 23
What is the VIP experience?
This unique and exclusive event allows you to enjoy a VIP overlanding experience at Merus Adventure Park hosted by Brad and Regena Kowitz of TrailRecon.
Spend 3 days and 2 nights dropping 800 feet into the second-largest canyon system in North America. This experience is hosted on private land that has not been open to the public before 2021.
You’ll experience nature that’s been untouched for decades and centuries of history while spending time with Brad, Regena, and other members of the TrailRecon community.
Have fun running engaging and beautiful trails and setting up camp in the most breathtaking setting Texas has to offer.
3 DAYS & 2 NIGHTS
of Amazing Adventure with Brad & Regena
Things to see & experience at merus
As you navigate the park you have opportunities to see incredible sites including:
- A 120-year-old logging cable system
- Large pieces of petrified wood
- Purple dirt from the Aquatic Era (roughly 1 million years ago) when the canyon was underwater
- The spectacular earth underground when you venture into one of the many caves along the route
Special Activities Include
epic CAVING EXCURSION
History of Palo Duro
Geological site visits
- We provide one delicious, catered meal to enjoy on the trail.
- In the spirit of overlanding, all other meals are self-sufficient so bring your favorite snacks, drinks, and foods to cook up in your camp kitchen.
- A 4×4 capable overlanding rig
- A winch is recommended
- Recovery gear (straps and shackles)
- A place to sleep (Roof Top Tent, Ground Tent, or Offroad Trailer)
- Ability to cook and clean for yourself
- Capacity to carry your own water supply. There will be a place to fill water at the park.
- Clothing and footwear for outdoor activities such as hiking, caving, and overlanding.
- A GMRS radio
- A fire extinguisher
- All trailers must be rated for off-road use as you’ll be traversing off-road trails with obstacles.
Bring clothing appropriate for the weather. You HAVE to check weather conditions and be ready for changing weather. The Texas Panhandle is home to the most unpredictable weather in the US. It can go from 75 degrees to snowing in 5 hrs in late spring. So be prepared!
Check Out More of TrailRecon
at MERUS Adventure™ Park
Questions You Might Have
We limit the spots available every week for the TrailRecon Challenge to 10 rigs. To ensure you have a space available, registration is required.
The cost of registration includes camping fees at our designated camping locations that are part of the TrailRecon Challenge and TrailRecon Extreme Challenge. These locations will be marked on your map prior to you starting the challenges. Optional upgrades at one of our glamping sites, cabins, or RV hook-up slots are available for an additional cost.
Part of both the TrailRecon Challenge and the TrailRecon Extreme Challenge is the overlanding experience. However, you will have the choice to set up a base camp or to overland and stay at a different location each night.
Plan to bring as much water as you think you’ll need. Should you run out and need more, we can provide a few gallons.
We get it, there’s nothing better than gathering around the campfire after a day on the trails. However, MERUS Adventure™ is currently observing a strict fire ban. Propane cooktops are permitted and acceptable. NO WOOD, CHARCOAL, OR NATURAL BURNING FIRES ARE ALLOWED.
In addition, we ask that smokers be prepared to distinguish their cigarettes/cigars in their vehicle. This park is precious to us and we work hard daily to protect it. If you are found to violate these rules, you will be reminded once then asked to leave the park on repeated instances.
Absolutely! We love having pets and furry family at the park. The canyon does provide many natural hazards, in addition to the many vehicles at this event. So for the safety of the animal, we do require pets to be leashed and in your full control at all times.
Open alcoholic beverages and consumption are prohibited in off-road-vehicles during use on trails, in public parking areas. Alcohol consumption is allowed in designated camping and event areas only. Violators will be asked to leave the event.